Driving Lessons - Licence Process


As a car or van driver, you do not need a medical or a provisional licence so you can book straight on for your lessons and test.


Be 18 or over – the minimum age for training is now 18 for LGV and PCV.

Attend a medical and apply for a provisional licence. Enterprise arranges all this for you.

Pass the hazard perception and multiple choice theory test. Enterprise registers you for online study and books your tests when you are ready.

Enterprise arranges a free driving assessment to check your driving skills and how many hours it will take to reach the test standard.

Take the lessons and pass the test – Enterprise’s modern fleet, DSA registered instructors and one-to-one teaching give you the best chance of passing.

CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a licence to drive a new class of vehicle.

If you passed your car test before January 1997, you need to complete your periodic CPC. Enterprise runs CPC courses most weekdays and Saturdays. Once you have your periodic CPC, you can now use your licence for work.

If you passed your test after January 1997, you need an initial CPC qualification. Enterprise supply study materials and book both your Module 2 and Module 4 tests. When you pass your initial CPC, you can use your new licence for work.


Your CAT C entitlement will give you a provisional entitlement for CAT C+E. You can book straight on for your C+E lessons and test.